Marketplace Assister Microlearning is designed as an optional supplemental education resource for assisters.
The CMS Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight (CCIIO) developed these short and interactive modules for assisters in Federally-facilitated Marketplaces (FFMs), including FFMs where the state performs plan management functions and State-based Marketplaces using the federal platform. CCIIO will periodically add Marketplace microlearning modules for assisters as relevant regulations, guidance, and policies are released.
Marketplace Assister Microlearning Courseware
To access the selection of optional short and informative microlearning modules, select the following link:
Marketplace Assister Microlearning PDFs
- Income Calculator, Window Shopping Tool, and Savings Estimator Tool – July 2022
- Connecting an Existing Marketplace Application to an Online Account – July 2022
- Identity Verification and Screening Questions – July 2022
Reporting Life Changes
- Types of Qualifying Life Events – November 2022
- Making Changes to a Marketplace Application – November 2022
- Terminating a Marketplace Plan – November 2022
- Changing Marketplace Plans – November 2022
- Household Size and Types of Income to Include on a Marketplace Application – November 2022
- Reporting Income on a Marketplace Application – November 2022
- Assisting a Household with Unpredictable Income – November 2022
- Resolving an Income Data Matching Issue – November 2022
The information provided in these training materials is not intended to take the place of the statutes, regulations, and formal policy guidance it is based upon. This optional training summarizes current policy and operations as of the date it was published. We encourage persons taking this training to refer to the applicable statutes, regulations, CMS assister webinars, and other interpretive materials for complete and current information.
Certain portions of the Marketplace Assister Microlearning catalog contain screenshots from HealthCare.gov that are intended only as an example of what you and/or the consumer may see when the consumer is completing an application at HealthCare.gov. All names and contact information used in the screenshots are fictional. The use of health insurer names and/or health plan names are for demonstration purposes only and should not be construed as an endorsement by CMS of any specific health insurer or health plan.