What is a Champion for Coverage organization?
A Champion for Coverage organization can be a national or local organization representing under or uninsured communities. They’re active in providing outreach and education about the Health Insurance Marketplace® and how consumers can enroll in health coverage through HealthCare.gov, Medicaid or CHIP. Organizations don’t need healthcare or health insurance backgrounds or licensure, they simply need to be willing to help spread the word about the affordability and accessibility of health coverage. See our updated list of over 2,300 Champion organizations that are committed to helping people find the coverage they need.
Why should my organization become a Champion for Coverage?
The Marketplace helps people find health coverage that meets their needs and fits their budget. The American Rescue Plan has reduced health coverage costs and 4 in 5 people are able to find coverage for $10 a month. Every health plan in the Marketplace offers the same set of essential health benefits, like doctor visits, preventive care, hospitalization, prescriptions, and more.
To take advantage of the Marketplace, millions of uninsured individuals and families need to know about it and sign up. We need help from the public and private sectors to let people know about these benefits and get them enrolled.
Millions of people are currently enrolled in health coverage thanks in part to community-based organizations and businesses who have been key to sharing this critical healthcare information with their networks and communities.
How can my organization become a Champion for Coverage?
Fill out our online form. Once we get your information, we’ll follow up with you. If you have questions, send an email to email@example.com. Note: only organizations can become Champions, so individuals wishing to join must be affiliated with an organization and send an online request form with their agency’s name.
Champion for Coverage organizations must not be in a position to profit from their Champion designation. If your organization falls under this category but would still like to contribute to our valuable work by conducting Marketplace outreach, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can provide you with details on how to stay connected with the latest information.
As a Champion for Coverage, how can my organization engage my community?
Take action – see the list below for ways your organization can engage your community.
- Send your partners/members/customers to these official resources to learn about the Marketplace and get coverage:
- Send an email to your network about the Marketplace.
- Post information at your agency.
- Give out Marketplace information to colleagues and consumers.
- Host a conference call, webinar, or another educational event about the Marketplace.
- Include a story about the Marketplace in your organizational newsletter or other publication.
- Create your own communications materials using our DIY Design Toolkit and other customizable materials.
- Train your staff/members on the Marketplace.
- Connect with your partners/members/customers through official Marketplace social media channels to share their stories.
- Partner with local in-person enrollment assisters. For example, you can provide space for enrollment sessions or fairs, provide computers so people can check out the Marketplace online and browse plans and estimated prices, provide training, or other resources and support.