Certified application counselor organization
If your organization is a community health center or other health care provider, hospital, a non-federal governmental or non-profit social service agency in a state with a Federally-facilitated Marketplace or a State Partnership Marketplace, and your organization would like to help by training your staff to assist people applying for coverage through the Marketplace, you can apply to be a Certified application counselor (CAC) organization.
What does a CAC organization do?
As a CAC organization, your staff and volunteers will help people understand, apply, and enroll for health coverage through the Marketplace. Your organization must agree to make sure that designated individuals complete required training, and that they comply with privacy and security laws, and other program standards.
Your organization must:
- have processes in place to screen your staff to make sure that they protect consumer information
- engage in services that position you to help those you serve with health coverage issues
- have experience providing social services to the community
What do we need to know about your organization?
If your organization is a health care provider, be sure to tell us what kind of health care you provide and any specific populations you serve. For example when you apply, let us know if you’re:
- Indian Health Service, Indian tribe, or urban Indian organization
- Ryan White HIV/AIDS provider
- Behavioral health or mental health provider
- City, county, or municipal health department
If your organization provides social services, let us know if you’re a non-federal governmental entity or a nonprofit organization, and what type of services you provide. For example, tell us if you provide:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) outreach
- Energy assistance to your community
- Tax assistance to your community