From Coverage to Care
From Coverage to Care is an initiative to help people with new health care coverage understand their benefits and connect to primary care and the preventive services that are right for them, so they can live a long and healthy life. We encourage you to share these resources with consumers, and help them on their journey from coverage to care. We also hope you share information about local resources during your conversations, to help individuals know where and how to access care in your community.
Print resources now include the full Roadmap booklet, Discussion Guide, and individual steps.
Sign up for our Minority Health listserv for notification when Spanish translations and other new resources are posted by entering your email at https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USCMS/subscriber/new?topic_id=USCMS_610
Order From Coverage to Care materials! Instructions are on the Order From Coverage to Care Materials page.
Print your own booklets by selecting a file and changing your printer to “booklet” setting before printing. Files will print on standard 8.5x11” paper.
- A Roadmap to Better Care and a Healthier You, Pub. #11813 (English)
- A Roadmap to Better Care and a Healthier You (Spanish)
- Step 1 – Put your health first, Pub. #11838 (English)
- Step 2 – Understand your health coverage, Pub #11839 (English)
Consumer Tool: Sample Insurance Card 1-pager, Pub. #11818 (English)
- Step 3 – Know where to go for care, Pub. #11840 (English)
Consumer Tool: Differences Between Your Provider’s Office and the Emergency Department 1-pager, Pub. #11817 (English)
- Step 4 – Pick a provider, Pub. #11841 (English)
- Step 5 – Make an appointment, Pub. #11842 (English)
- Step 6 – Be prepared for your visit, Pub. #11843 (English)
- Step 7 – Decide if the provider is right for you, Pub. #11844 (English)
- Step 8 – Next steps after your appointment, Pub. #11845 (English)
Consumer Tool: Sample Explanation of Benefits 1-pager, Pub. #11819 (English)
- 1-page Roadmap Standard Size 8.5x11", Pub. #11822 (English)
- 1-page Roadmap Standard Size 8.5x11", Pub. #11822-S (Spanish)
- Discussion Guide for Community Partners, Pub. #11812 (English)
The 11-part video series of the Roadmap is part of an initiative to help people with new health care coverage understand their benefits and connect to primary care and the preventive services that are right for them, so they can live a long and healthy life. We encourage you to share these resources with consumers, and help them on their journey from coverage to care. Watch or download one video or the whole 11-part series.
- Chapter 1 – My New Health Plan
- Chapter 2 – Understand the Plan
- Chapter 3 – Words to Know
- Chapter 4 – Where to go for Care
- Chapter 5 – Finding a Provider
- Chapter 6 – Making an Appointment
- Chapter 7 – Almost Ready
- Chapter 8 – My First Visit
- Chapter 9 – Like or Dislike
- Chapter 10 – The Day After
- Chapter 11 – The Final Word
- Capítulo 1 - "Su primer seguro medico" (My New Health Plan)
- Capítulo 2 - "Entienda su plan" (Understand the Plan)
- Capítulo 3 - "Las palabras que debe conocer" (Words to Know)
- Capítulo 4 - "Adónde Ir" (Where to Go for Care)
- Capítulo 5 - "Localice un proveedor" (Finding a Provider)
- Capítulo 6 - "Haga una cita" (Making an Appointment)
- Capítulo 7 - "Ya está casi listo"(Almost Ready)
- Capítulo 8 - "Mi primera visita médica" (My First Visit)
- Capítulo 9 - "Me gusta o no" (Like or Dislike)
- Capítulo 10 - "Después de la cita" (The Day After)
- Capítulo 11 - "La palabra final" (The Final Word)
Connect with From Coverage to Care
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or feedback or to request professional print-ready versions of any of our resources.
Tweet us at #C2Croadmap and like CMS on facebook.
Cite our resources
From Coverage to Care Roadmap [or other resource name]. June 2014. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Baltimore, MD. http://marketplace.cms.gov/c2c